Backend developer (Remote)
We deliver the emails for thousands of businesses around the world. We have an opening for a backend developer (remote) to join our development team. You can be located anywhere in Europe for this position.
What you'll be doing:
Helping us monitor and maintain our existing email delivery software (currently Exim) and transition to custom-built software along with the mail transfer agents (MTAs) called PowerMTA and GreenArrow.
What you'll get:
- A competitive salary!
- Travel to international events if so desired (we really recommend this when it becomes available again!)
- Experience working with an international team (we have developers around the world, and are headquartered in New Zealand).
- Experience working with a large outgoing email service provider (we're the largest in the Southern Hemisphere).
- Flexible hours.
What you'll need for this:
- Strong development experience in a Linux environment is essential.
- An ability to write complex shell scripts.
- 3+ years commercial experience in software design & development of distributed systems.
- 3+ years commercial experience in relational database design and development (PostgreSQL).
- Python experience essential.
- Experience with NoSQL solutions like ElasticSearch would be a bonus.
- Experience with other languages such as GO or C always useful.
- Experience with version control systems (Git).
- An ability to work and communicate effectively with remote development / support teams.