Backend developer - Postgresql, Python (Remote)
We deliver the emails for thousands of businesses around the world. We have an opening for a backend developer (remote) to join our development team. This job is for an experienced developer and pay is around 70,000 to 80,000 PHP (Philippine pesos) per month.
What you'll be doing:
Helping us monitor and maintain our existing email delivery software (currently Exim) and transition to custom-built software along with the mail transfer agents (MTAs) called PowerMTA and GreenArrow.
What you'll get:
- A competitive salary!
- Travel to international events if so desired (we really recommend this when it becomes available again!)
- Experience working with an international team (we have developers around the world, and are headquartered in New Zealand).
- Experience working with a large outgoing email service provider (we're the largest in the Southern Hemisphere).
- Flexible hours.
What you'll need for this:
- Strong development experience in a Linux environment is essential.
- An ability to write complex shell scripts.
- 3+ years commercial experience in software design & development of distributed systems.
- 3+ years commercial experience in relational database design and development (PostgreSQL).
- Python experience essential.
- Experience with NoSQL solutions like ElasticSearch would be a bonus.
- Experience with other languages such as GO or C always useful.
- Experience with version control systems (Git).
- An ability to work and communicate effectively with remote development / support teams.